Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thoughts of Valentine's Day

With Valentine’s Day coming up, I wonder if R will get me flowers again this year. He usually does, but I told him we could keep things low-key this year to save money. He’s always pretty good about buying flowers for special occasions, though. He bought me white roses on my birthday, and every once in a while, he’ll pick up some flowers when he is at the grocery store, for no real reason. A few weeks ago he brought home a single coral-colored rose that was really beautiful. Usually for Valentine’s Day, he gets me red roses. I also suggested that we make each other gifts this year, but he wasn’t too sure about that idea, so I told him dinner counts. He’s a great cook and I’m always asking him to make the stuffed chicken that he made the first time he cooked for me. Even if we keep things low-key this year, it will be a special Valentine’s Day because it will be our first one as a married couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment