Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pet Peeve of the Day: Flush It!

Earlier this year my company moved into a new building. Our floor was renovated before our arrival, and we now have fancy automatic toilets, soap dispensers, and water faucets in the restrooms. As automatic toilets go, however, ours are kind of crappy (har har). They don’t activate until you actually leave the stall, or unless you do a little dance while you are pulling up your pants. Just to be on the safe side, I usually hit the button on the side on the sensor, but many of my coworkers seem to be too lazy to make the effort. At least once a day, I walk into a stall only to find that the previous occupant did not bother to confirm that the toilet actually flushed.

"That’s something my kids would do," a coworker said the other day as we bypassed a stall where a paper toilet-seat cover was still perched on the seat. "But, you know, they’re kids."

Enough said. Is it really too much to ask? Am I going to have to start leaving passive-aggressive notes in the restroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment