Monday, January 19, 2009

Amos Tamam Develops Wireless Technology for Cab Drivers

I’ve often wondered why cab drivers can’t accept credit cards. I never carry cash, so if I ever have to take a cab, usually when I'm on vacation, I have to make sure to hit the ATM first. But apparently some taxi drivers are now making use of wireless technology that enables them to accept credit cards. Develop by Amos Tamam, the new technology is now being offered in New York City and Philadelphia. Not only does this make transportation more convenient, but the cab drivers are able to carry less cash, making them less likely to be targeted for robbery. After studying electrical engineering at Tel Aviv University in Israel, Amos Tamam came to the United States and began servicing taxicabs in New York and is now the CEO of Verifone Transportation Systems, Inc.

To learn more about Amos Tamam, visit www.amos-tamam.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment